- Go to Video Mode
- Set camera to Manual Focus, set focus.
- Set S&Q Mode – Program, Shutter, Aperture, or Manual modes are possible.
- Here is information on what mode to use from learntimelapse.com.
- Set S&Q Frame Rate, one frame per second (FPS) is used in this example.
- Set the S&Q Record Setting. This sets the playback speed.
- Press the Record Button.
- The a7r iii processes the video in-camera.
Read more about S&Q settings of the a7r iii via the Sony Help Guide.
The produced video will be in 1080p. The a7r iii can take 7952 x 5304 pixel images which is enough for 8k time lapse videos. This cannot be done in camera. We will need a remote to take the shots and additional software to produce the video. Here is a review of the Kipon Baveyes medium format lens focal reducer adapter for Sony A7 cameras. This adapter has a lens element that concentrates the medium format image circle down to the size of a 24x36mm sensor of the Sony A7 cameras with a 0.7x factor. The 80mm lens above has an equivalent focal length of 56mm. The concentrated light also gives us one stop of extra light. The f/1.9 is an equivalent f/1.36, a very fast medium format lens. This a manual focus